Re: Posting......

At 8:52 PM -0500 11/15/06, Guy Glorieux wrote:
It's probably more fun than being one in these rows of sports photographers all flocking with their huge telephotos on tripod and just clicking away like crazy throughout an event to get that "one" shot better than the competitor... -:)

Well, I'm not sure. I can tell you that shooting baseball and softball is a blast, and shooting the track and field events is also very nifty. I'll bet tennis is neat too, although I didn't get to shoot much of it the year I worked at the paper. Football at night was hard, lax, field and ice hockey never came my way, and basketball was actually the very best.

It would never have occurred to me to shoot a sport when I started at the paper - farthest thing from my mind. The sailing had crept up on me, but I didn't recognize it as a real deal until after I got sent out every weekday afternoon to shoot high school sports.

I do think, however, that the contrast between the very fast and the very zen enriches my time with the camera. The landscape stuff is definitely zen - simply can't be done in a hurry. Takes me an hour just to get into the zone, whereas the sailing I drop right in as soon as I step on that photoboat and start out to the course.

And I do think the sailing's easier.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx 508-563-6822