Posting......

Hello Guy,

First I thought you were in Canada so we're both on the same side of the ocean....... :-)

I'm relearning photography with digital and all the new things. I posted a photo a little while back and Charles was the only commenter. He offered some suggestions, including he B&W comments :-) and tried some of the things he suggested. I worked on some of the other photos I took when in Nevada and got some constructive criticism from some of local photo enthusiasts and my former branch manager who makes a few bucks with his camera.

But I got a bit discouraged when the boat lady gets her photos praised week after week, maybe not that often but whenever she posts something, and all I got was one comment. Some of the others seem to make a living with photography and their things get praised too. I understand that we all can post but I wonder if the prep time is worth the effort when my reason for posting, constructive criticism so that I can improve my photography, doesn't happen when I see what appear to be pros getting the comments........

Now that I don't have a regular job anymore I can devote time to improving my photography. If I'm correct about your location, you'll appreciate the task of "seeing" during the winter. I'm in northern Ohio.

On another topic, my son, the one that is in Afghanistan now, and I occasionally enjoy a Guinness, but my wife prefers Labatt Blue and I'm a Bass fan. I don't remember if I mentioned before that when we were first married my wife and I went to Niagra Falls. I am a Ham Radio Operator and had a ham antenna on the car. I noticed a car towing a travel trailer with an antenna and Canadian plates. He noticed my antenna and we found a place to pull over and chat what we call "eyeball". Well he was from Montreal and spoke no english. I spoke no French, and our wives were in the same situation. But he offered a beer, or two, and we chatted the best we could for about a half hour and said goodbye and we went our ways. That was my first meeting with Canadian beer. Strong Canadian beer! It was ameeting I never forgot.

Perhaps your encouragement will be what I need to try again and post another photo, thanks......

Bob

==

                          /////
                         ( O O )
--------------------oOOO-----O----OOOo-----73 de w8imo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Curiosity killed the cat although I was a suspect for a while........