Re: PhotoForum Exhibit Review, 11 Nov 2006

Thanks Charles and Darin for the comments. Both have me thinking. I hadn't before thought of taking this image to black and white. Now, I want to experiment as soon as I get a minute.

And in the 'even stranger' category, I hadn't really noticed the pole in the foreground - at least as a design element. I just had been blind to it. Funny how the difference between seeing and really 'seeing' works.

thanks for the comments!  - Serena

Darin Heinz wrote:

----- ------- -----
"McCart Lookout" - Serena Fenton

The minimal sky, human element, wooded surroundings, and warm-toned sunlight
give this shot much potential. My --only-- complaint is the post in the
foreground breaking the continuity of the structure; its light color
emphasizes its distracting nature. Otherwise, the composition is excellent;
it's a great shot. Exposure is right on the money, and I can almost smell
the distant campfires. I would like to see some images (perhaps even a
360-degree panoramic?) made from within the structure. It's more than 1-1/3
miles higher than where I am right now, and I can only imagine that the
vista is breathtaking.

--
Serena Fenton        http://layersofmeaning.org/