Re: 2 Photoshop Questions

You can't have filters as adjustment layers because they actually add pixels according the the layer you use them on so they don't have the pass-through effect.

What you can do is make duplicate layers and use different filters on them and then use opacity and layer masks to apply what you want to use  where you want it.

Also CS2 allows you to use the "Filter Gallery" where you can stack different filters with different combinations of settings and see a big preview of the final effect before rendering. It's a boon for those who do use filters a lot

I am not a big user or fan of most filters so probably not the man to ask on this....
herschel

Herschel Mair
Head of the Department of Photography,

Higher College of Technology