Re: 2 Photoshop Questions

At 2006-11-07, 06:35:08 David Dyer-Bennet (dd-b@xxxxxxxx) wrote:

>> 2. A way to load an image (B&W) as a mask. The reason for it is
>>that I want
>> to selectively darken all the dark areas, not darken the white
>>ones, AND
>> affect the middles tones an amount relative to the darkness of of
>>the said
>> areas.
>> I have tried levels of course, and selecting the dark areas but
>>even with
>> feathering I do still not like the result.

sorry, not too sure if i understand this correctly, but...

	if you want to selectively darken only the black areas, say in a
colour photograph, you can:

	Use a selective colour adjustment layer, choose
blacks/neutrals/whatever from the drop-down box and adjust the BLACK
slider to darken or lighten the colour.

	Simliarly, you can isolate the colour with a Hue/Sat layer and
fiddle with LIGHTNESS.

	If you want to modify the light/dark tones in an image, and you need
to quickly isolate those tones, try using the Select > Colour Range
dialog box, and choose HIGHLIGHTS or SHADOWS from the dropdown box.

	Then you can mask the selection, blur it, level it or whatever to
achieve the specific mask you want.

	If you just wanted to use the entire image as a mask, you simply copy the image and paste into the mask as outlined by Herschel.

Deen
25/11/2006 12:34:16