Re: in the woods

At 03:39 PM 9/23/2006, you wrote:
What tricks do you use to deal with that ecosystem? Flash? Multiple exposures at different apertures and superimpose the results? Dodge and burn in PS? Do you use the curves adjustment to balance the brights and darks? Accentuate the contrast and ignore the original situation, which is basically even light with bright spots?
--
Emily L. Ferguson

Emily - That's what PSCS2's HDR -High Dynamic Range - is made for. You'll need a tripod and you'll need to take at least three exposures, one for the shadows, one for the highlights, one medium - but you can include many more. Read more about it here:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/hdr.shtml

I don't usually use this since I photograph people most of the time, but I hear it is fantastic. Have fun!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com