Re: new photostitch freeware

From: "R V"

: I have found photostitch in PS quite helpful.

photostitch is that the Canon software?

: I have also used it, when a client wanted a huge photo restored, which
: didn't fit on my scanner in one piece. I scanned it in overlapping
pieces,
: opened all in PS and voila, the program did all the matching.

Has Photoshop incorporated Photostitch as a part of the program, or are you
running it as a plugin?

I was pretty happy with Photostitch until I found Autostitch which I
preferred..

I think I've found I like autostitch better for most things, but a few
particularly intricate panos with lots of detail left auto foundering,
hanging fragments of junk in strange locations and making a dogs breakfast
of fine detail, which Hugin handled a lot better.

I guess each algorithm has it's strengths and weaknesses.

My first attempt with Hugin and 10 images failed completely where
autostitch did a perfect job, I found Hugin doesn't seem to like handling
too many images in one hit.

I think Hugin will be a keeper for me, but one I won't use as often as
autostitch