Re: new photostitch freeware

thnx for the info ....
I m trying to learn hugin..
So will let ya know how i felt only after using it for 2-3 days..

But it already looks a good tool...
thnx again..

rushi..

On 8/30/06, karl shah-jenner <shahjen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

: i belive none is as easy & good as AutoPano Pro....
: can anyone recify if this one is ???

spotted elsewhere :

>  It seems a French company has licensed the autostitch algorithms for use
> in Autopano Pro. I've just started giving the demo a try. Seems to have
> lot's of features, but given what little time I've had driving it, it's a
> bit rough around the edges. Definitely a 1.x release

ah, confirmed:
http://www.autopano.net/faq
"Autopano Pro is a commercial version of Autostitch using a licensed
professional version of the SIFT algorithm "

for ease though, autostitches method of pointing to a folder and clicking
'go' is hard to beat! ;)

Autopano is probably better than autostitch even though it uses the same
SIFT algorithm as they probably did more to the interface to make it easier
for people to use.

the algorithms in Hugin (enblend blender and nona stitcher) are different
to autostitch/autopano pro but you can see the results and read a review
here:
http://software.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=05/08/22/148209&tid=75

looking again at this reviewers image I can see banding that autostitch and
probably autopano eliminate better, but throwing messy images with lost of
detail at it, hugin perfoprmed better in my first attempt at playing with
it than autostitch..

Again though, Hugin and Autostitch are both free for anyone who cares to
download them so for students who might want to experiment with an image of
two, autostitch or Hugin might suit them, and for intricate non-sky shots,
hugin may outperform both autostitch and autopano .

Of course, just like with sharpening algorithms, different algorithms
perform better with different subjects.