Re: Film or Digital? The Eternal Question!

PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx wrote:

Film is better. You store them in a box (or in chronically ordered albums of slides like me) and scan only the good ones. Why clutter up your hard drives with digital stuff you might or might not want to look at in future years.

Properly stored film can outlast digitally stored images unless you are constantly maintaining the digital media. I don't clutter up my hard drive but write them out to CDs or DVDs. But then every so often, not sure how often I will transfer them to what ever media is current......

As someone said a long time ago, " I am having trouble finding someone to help me get images off of a 5.25" floppy disk..... By the way, last night I printed a sixty year old negative....."

Speaking of CDs and DVDs, has anyone had any experience with the new GOLD CDs/DVDs that are being advirtised as archival quality?

Bob

--

                          /////
                         ( O O )