Re: Film or Digital? The Eternal Question!

On 8/26/06, PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx <PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Film is better. You store them in a box (or in chronically ordered albums of
slides like me) and scan only the good ones. Why clutter up your hard drives
with digital stuff you might or might not want to look at in future years.

I'd have to list storage on disk as one of the biggest *advantages* of
digital over film.  I can reliably find *everything* I've shot
digitally.  Of course, that may just be because I have 37 years worth
of film around the house.

And except for some early slides (which I still regret), the physical
film files are as complete as the digital files (i.e. missing only
total technical failures).
RKBA: <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/>
Pics: <http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/>