Re: Film or Digital? The Eternal Question!

David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

B&W silver-based images are certainly more durable than cromogenic
images (color slides, negs, or normal color prints).  There's still
the possibility of inadequate fixing or washing in B&W negs, though.

Following David's comments, a few years ago I went to a sales exhibition of Irving Penn (I think) images at a gallery in London. I was horrified to see B&W prints (and definitely silver back then) showing all the signs of poor fixing / washing - large pale brown patches where I imagine silver thiosulphate was slowly degenerating. Prices? Around £2000 ~ £3000 a print...

Howard