Re: A lens in need is a lens indeed.........

Elgenper wrote:

Well, it wasn´t a direct switch. I had discovered, and immediately bought, the then new Leica Digilux 2. That camera made me sell all my other gear (mainly the Canon D60 with 3 lenses), and I used it exclusively for almost 3 years.

Finally the urge to get a real fast-acting camera for dogs & grandchildren, plus macro for flowers, got the best of me. Since I had no "legacy" lenses tying me up, I could choose brand freely, and the new Nikon D200 seemed to suit me better than either the Canon 30D or even the 5D, so Nikon it was. So far I´ve no regrets.... BTW, shot my youngest son´s wedding yesterday with that D200 (ordeal by fire, indeed!).

I should add, the Digilux 2 is by no means mothballed; it is a remarkable, semi-compact camera with a fabulous lens, and it will continue to see lots of use.

Regards,

Per

Per,

Thanks for the reply.  I'm glad you understood that I was just curious.

So wjat it boiled down to, is that it wasn't a switch over but a start over........

So far in my 34 year interest in photography I have shot two weddings, my first and my last....... One of my son's friends asked me to shoot his wedding. I was very reluctant to do so having never studied wedding photography. My wife talked me into it sayin that it would be "our" wedding present. when the day was over and I was back home I assured her that she owes me.......

Bob

--

                          /////
                         ( O O )