Re: A lens in need is a lens indeed.........

29 jul 2006 kl. 21.01 skrev Bob:

Just curious, why did you switch brands?
Bob

--

Well, it wasn´t a direct switch. I had discovered, and immediately bought, the then new Leica Digilux 2. That camera made me sell all my other gear (mainly the Canon D60 with 3 lenses), and I used it exclusively for almost 3 years.

Finally the urge to get a real fast-acting camera for dogs & grandchildren, plus macro for flowers, got the best of me. Since I had no "legacy" lenses tying me up, I could choose brand freely, and the new Nikon D200 seemed to suit me better than either the Canon 30D or even the 5D, so Nikon it was. So far I´ve no regrets.... BTW, shot my youngest son´s wedding yesterday with that D200 (ordeal by fire, indeed!).

I should add, the Digilux 2 is by no means mothballed; it is a remarkable, semi-compact camera with a fabulous lens, and it will continue to see lots of use.

Regards,

Per

Per Öfverbeck
http://ofverbeck.se

"In a world without walls or fences, who needs Windows or Gates?"