Re: Θέμα: Re: Θέμα: Re: A lens in need is a lens indeed.........Sigma lenses

On 7/22/06, Kostas Papakotas <clenchedteethphotography@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

well I was referring to the 105 macro one. There is a hord of things i wish
to capture up close, especially for the purposes of a some special
equipement articles. (now i make do with add-on dipter lenses)

But this will follow the purchase of my digital body....
After the macro I will need a 14-35 zoom comptible with film
Then maybe a wide zoom for the digi? but this will take too long and things
will be very diffeent by then.

I don't recall a film zoom going as wide as 14, other than the old
Sigma 12-24mm (which was pretty nice on digital when I played with;
I've never looked beyond the 1.5x crop though).

So, you would really oblige me with you experiences wiht your macro...

I've been pleased with it, but all my previous macro was with
extension tubes, bellows, or aux lenses, so I'm not comparing it too
directly with any other lens. And my galleries are down at the moment,
so I can't point you to any examples.

It has the usual not-so-nice feel of manual focus on an AF lens, but
no worse than any *other* AF lens.  (Hmm; the HSM may feel better,
actually).  It's one of their "EX" line with the crinkle finish and
decent build quality.
RKBA: <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/>