Re: scanners

Hi Bob
You use a canon 2710 - I have one as well. But I couldn't get it to work on Win XP. It's currently fine on an old Win ME machine...
Do you XP or is it on a MAC?
If you are using XP, how have you set it up?

Bob wrote:
I use a Canon 2710 for film and an old big IBM flatbed.
If you buy a film scanner from eBay, for example, make sure that if it is a scsi scanner you get the scsa adapted card that goes with it.
Bob

More on topic:

With regard to current use I have an Epson 4990 which produces excellent results an can be used to scan 35mm negative / slide in sets of 24 and sheet film up to 8*10. It produces excellent results, using Digital ICE to remove marks, but is then very slow.

Howard