Re: The death of photo industry - Was Pentax are seeing the light

In a message dated 5/30/2006 11:41:52 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, dd-b@xxxxxxxx writes:
I haven't tried scanning or photographing one.  Some scanners have
recognition circuitry that blocks it, I've heard; I'm sure mine is too
old.
    Yes, this anti-counterfeit method started in Europe where they have place a specialized design consisting of small circles spaced apart on the paper currency that is recognized by certain software. Adobe started putting this software module into Photoshop I think with CS or CS2. Scanner makers have started putting it in the scanners software too. I don't know if the US is using the same design pattern or a different one.
     The new $10 bills look really funny. When I saw the first one I thought it had been faded by exposure to UV. This light faded tan-yellow color on the $10 bill is outside of  the range of most scanners but I'm sure some enterprising person will figure a way around it