Re: My comments - Gallery

Yep, it's soft, but you should see the original! I fiddled with it in PSCS shadows/highlights and sharpened it. But, this was shot with a 70-300 DO IS lens at its maximum focal length and minimum aperture (300mm, f/5.6) so one should expect some softness. Also, I'm not sure that the lens/camera (Canon 10D) combination is focusing correctly, which could add to the problem. The image was cropped as well, the focus was "partial," the exposure was only 1/90 sec and the feeder was swaying. I'll welcome any advice to improve my technique. I don't expect to become a renowned nature photographer, ever. I've observed them, with their twenty pound lenses on one pound cameras supported by fifty pound tripods, waiting patiently in the blinds for the fly-over birds to arrive. I'm not in that class.

Roger

p.s. There was another comment on the photo, but I've somehow lost it. Sorry.

R.