Re: Installing Adobe Reader

Active-X.... I'd leave it on.
Some say "Good 'ol microsoft"...Others speak the truth.

Active-X is the bare bones of all the microsoft technologies that make websites interactive and jolly good fun to behold!

In the beginning when I knew very little about viruses... (I now know nothing at all and feel much better for it)
I was afraid of Active-X 'cos it executed stuff on my computer and that reminded me of viruses (Is this refferred to as a computer executioner???)

Anyway, I kept having to re-install it to see stuff on webpages. Now I've ignored its presence and we all live happily ever after.
Each time I get the little drop-down asking me if I want to execute it I just say "Yes" So far there have been no problems.
Touch wood. Baruch Hashem, Al Hamdulella and praise the Lord.
A little voodoo goes a long way on the internet

herschel

SteveS <sgshiya@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Wonderful book. I'm happy to have gotten something in to be a part of it
all. Over time, I'm sure to find time to comment on the great
contributions.

One question, if someone might know . . . about the Adobe reader . . .
what's the Active-X all about? Is it necessary with Norton, Microsoft's
denzions of security protections, and my ISP's firewall, too?

How do I get Active-X off my computer?

Steve Shapiro

Herschel Mair
Head of the Department of Photography,