Re: What is a photograph anyway?

At 06:46 PM 3/5/2006, karl shah-jenner wrote:

one submition to a recent comp was a colour photocopy of a page out of a
magazine - the image was a copy of someone elses photo.

Stretching things a bit I might accept this as 'art', but a candidate for a
photographic exhibition seems drawing a very long bow.

This isn't new. Richard Prince's most famous work is a photograph of a Marlboro ad, and Moriyama Daido often photographed newspaper photographs and printed and published them. Both of these photographers (although I think Prince is now known for non-photographic work) were doing this at least twenty years ago.

Jeff Spirer
Photos: http://www.spirer.com
One People: http://www.onepeople.com/