Re: SanDisk Ultra II

At 02:57 PM 3/5/2006, Bob wrote:
Has SanDisk stopped making Ultra II CF cards in favor of a new version?

I was at Costco today and the SanDisk Ultra II 1G CF cards are $60 with no coupons or anything. Makes me wonder if a newer version is out there......

There has been a sharp drop in memory card prices recently. SanDisk does have the Extreme III product line also.

However, most people pay for memory card speed that couldn't conceivably need. Unless you're shooting professionally in sports or pj, there isn't a lot of value in faster cards, except to the card manufacturers who make money off people thinking faster is better. Kind of like an extra 10mph top speed when US highways pretty much keep you below 90mph.

Jeff Spirer
Photos: http://www.spirer.com
One People: http://www.onepeople.com/