What is a photogrpah?

I read the question on PhotoForum, "What is a photograph?" sat down to read a book and lo and behold  - an answer appeared.  (A complete accident, I assure you.)

Aristotle said all art imitates action.
"Not physical activity, but the movement-of-spirit."

By imitation he meant the, ". . . representation of the countless forms which the life of the human spirit may take." (I'm taking all this from Aristotle's Poetics.)

Aristotle continued:

The arts may be distinguished in three ways.

Object imitated, or the particular action recorded.

Medium employed-words, paint, pixels, film, dance, sounds, etc. used to record the action.

Manner-representing the action through the artist's eyes.

Since the above definitions are for all  art forms, I think representing action through pixels count, too.

Just the ramblings of someone who isn't quite awake, but maybe worth thinking about?

Marilyn

When written in Chinese,
the word "crisis" is
composed of two