Re: PF exhibits on 11 FEB 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "James B. Davis"

: My point is, that 75K in this day of cheap big hard drives just seems a
bit
: small. I don't like to send up an image of 600 by 400 nor do I like
compressing
: below a level of 5.

that was my poin too-

if there's metadata in the image which can be stripped then the actual
image may not need so much compression.

I had one guy send me his web page to look at, some 30 images.  Once the
2+Mb of superfluous data had been pointed out and stripped from his images
he was deligted to find he could make the images bigger AND load faster

:)