Re: PF exhibits on 11 FEB 2006

<I just saved a JPG that I had to go down to JPG quality 2 to get unde 75K with
no colour info. It was a landscape ocean coastline scene with lots of detail in
the waves, etc. It was the same size, 800 by 532. I don't like going to such low
quality settings but had to. I don't see why the limit isn't at least 100K.>

Jim

I'll bet if you showed me the image on screen I would not be able to tell the difference between the original and the jpeg2 version.

Well, not until I put my reading glasses on :o)

Seriously, I've read/heard so many times claims of "no difference" (same as claims of "pin sharp") to be very wary of judging till you actually compare for yourself (with reading glasses if needed).  I agree with you.  I have large images that compress to 10k at jpeg 6 and others where artifacts become objectionable at over 100K.