Re: Bell Peppers

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ferapont" <wildimages@xxxxxxxxxxx>

:
: Well, I can't comment on the peppers because I've only seen them
reproduced
: on line or in magazines.
:
: I learned a long time ago that the real thing (a framed, original, silver
: print) can have a quality of it's own.  The subtlety of tones trancends
anything
: copied for the normal printed page.
:
: Now with the demise of the real thing (most images viewed only on line)
maybe
: the peppers (however good they are in the flesh) are a thing of the past

you know, that was the reason I took a photo course all those years back -
to actually *see* real photos.  Repros in magazines were one thing, but
prints had a life of their own and it was the first major step for me in
improving my photos.

the next was stepping into a darkroom

the third big step was moving into large format..

images in magazines/the web/etc may have a nice pictorial feel, but the
depth a print possesses is something quite remarkable and something I
really cherish.