Re: review - 2-05-06

Millions of years before "Ozymandias", the northern portion of Egypt was part of a sea.  What's now called the White Desert is a massive field of these calcium structures varying in size from paper thin miniatures barely visible to the naked eye, to ones like this that tower up to 3 or 4 stories, all having been shaped by the wind and rain.  After getting past the poor rendition of the print, I was very interested to see how many people needed a sense of scale to help with their critique.  As for fitting in your memoreies, there is no other place on earth quite like this one...NASA often trains there as it most closely resembles the martian landscap.  These formations are eearie at night.

cheers! trevor

lookaround360@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Trevor Cunningham.
The desert thing is fascinating as an object.  With no reference to
scale it is monumental as befits its locale.  Needs a tiny camel in the
foreground maybe?   The
actual print is no doubt pleasing to look at. I get less excited about
this kind of picture than
others because with its ambiguity I can?t think of where it fits in my
own experiences.
But then I remembered Ozymandius!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozymandas

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham