Re: A Moving Experience..............

There is one other possibility.

When I got my new Powerbook and retired my old G4 I cloned my old computer directly to the new one - everything exactly the way it had been on the old computer. Just plugged them together with a firewire cable and dragged the entire hard drive from one to the other.

Saved me from having to dig out all those old CDs and reload all the software and set up all the preferences all over again.

It's called making a bootable drive. People do it with an external hard drive for backup as well and surely it can be done on PCs as well as on Macs.

The free software to do it is called Carbon Copy Cloner for Macs.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx