Re: Camera bags

--- In photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jeff Spirer <jeff@xxxx> wrote:
> I have a LowePro Mini-Trekker backpack, but I never work out of
> it.  It's mostly for transit, like air and train travel.  It's easy
> to carry a large kit, especially if I need a laptop and some
> books.  But I take a bag in my luggage for shooting.  The backpacks
> are terrible for shooting unless you can stop, set it down, take out
> what you need, close it up again.  They're just not set up for
working.

Much the same GENERAL commnets regarding backpacks...

But it is allways a fit -our-style of photography thing...
I have only a Lowepro Compu-trecker and it was chosen for these reasons.
I hate Bags. I do not like the weight distribution & the loop that
always slips form my shoulder.
I find myself more walking than photographing and this is what the
packs are for. Additionally the CompuTrecker has a conveniet slim
pocket that I use to carry the stay-overnight clothing when I travel
for concerts.

Indeed backpacks are not convenient for changing lenses etc, but i have
compromised a bit. When in the Sightseeing and Landscape mode, the pack
fits wondefully its role leaving both arms to move. While in concert
mode, i leave the pack at a secure place, and use the big zoom softcase
that has a web lanyard crossed over shoulder to carry the second lens.

that is my regiment though....