Ball head and tripod advice

I've just bought a large mirror lens (brilliant price).

Now my ( current <g> ) most massive lens masses just under 3kg, camera body under 0.7kg, and flash 0.4kg. Add a ball head at say up to 0.9kg, and there's a potential total mass of 5kg (11 lb).

My poor little Manfrotto (Bogen) 484RC2 ball head (nominal load capacity of 4kg) just can't hold things still, and my Slik 813CF legs (load capacity 5kg) are at their limit.

I'm considering Feisol 3371 legs:
http://www.feisol.com/english/3471.htm

and Manfrotto 468RC4 ball head:
http://db.manfrotto.com/product/templates/itemalone.php3?itemid=1961

I'd rather buy something serious now, than try and "make do". The existing equipment is perfectly serviceable for the less demanding tasks (i.e. not using the mirror lens), and heading well off the beaten track. Though I'd like to try and keep the weight down, for new legs and head, to allow for carrying the whole shebang well away from roads. I believe carbon fibre legs provide better damping than steel and aluminium, as well as being lighter.

So, what advice do you have for me?

Any "rules of thumb" relating nominal capacity of ball head and legs to actual camera + lens mass?

&i (:

--
No virus detected in this outgoing message.