Re: Camera bags

At 02:13 PM 1/28/2006, Marilyn wrote:
I would like to hear from PF members about what camera bags you like best.   It seems like a simple thing to do - choose a camera bag - but I've had some I've been disappointed in there are so many to choose from . . . .

Is there a bag that can safely and easily hold two camera bodies with lenses and accessories?  Those of you who may use camera back packs - do you find these easier to carry and use?

Opinions?  Suggestions?

I own more bags than cameras.

When I'm just shooting with one camera and one or two lenses, I use an Adorama Slinger bag.  I like the sling type bags, they're easy to carry, can be moved out of the way and carried around back, and the Adorama one is cheap and well laid-out.

For more than that, I have a couple of Domke bags.  Seem to work fine.  For two bodies and a bunch of lenses, a large Tamrac.  Some people don't like the Domke bags because they aren't heavily padded, which I have never found to be a problem.  They seem to wrap onto the body better than the more padded bags.

I have a LowePro Mini-Trekker backpack, but I never work out of it.  It's mostly for transit, like air and train travel.  It's easy to carry a large kit, especially if I need a laptop and some books.  But I take a bag in my luggage for shooting.  The backpacks are terrible for shooting unless you can stop, set it down, take out what you need, close it up again.  They're just not set up for working.

Jeff Spirer
Photos: http://www.spirer.com
One People: http://www.onepeople.com/