Re: Camera bags

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 14:13:51 -0800, Marilyn <marilyn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote/replied
to:

>I would like to hear from PF members about what camera bags you like best.   It seems like a simple thing to do - choose a camera bag - but I've had some I've been disappointed in there are so many to choose from . . . .
>
>Is there a bag that can safely and easily hold two camera bodies with lenses and accessories?  Those of you who may use camera back packs - do you find these easier to carry and use?

I like a modular system, not one big bag.

Here's what I've got:

Lowepro Top Load Zoom Pro
Lowepro Waist Bag
Lowepro Wide Angle Lens case.

I can combine all three for a full kit, or take one of the bag with lens case,
or just one bag, depending what I'm shooting.

The Waist Bag I have is big enough for the 10d with 28-135 and a few other
goodies. It has a waist strap but can use a shoulder strap too for a bit more
comfort.

The TLZ uses a shoulder strap and can also use the waist strap or belt to help
spread the weight. Plus it comes with a front harness but I haven' used that.

The TLZ can also be hung in front, back or side positions.

The reasons I like these bags is I don't like to have to remove a bag to get my
camera out. And I don't have to carry one huge bag, can leave one in the car,
another person (wife) can carry one bag, etc. Lots of options.

--
Jim Davis, Owner, Eastern Beaver Company:
http://easternbeaver.com/ Motorcycle Relay Kits,