Re: PF exhibits on 27 JAN 2006

At 10:31 AM -0500 1/28/06, Andrew Davidhazy wrote:
Well, it's time for the curmudgeon to strike again....

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated JAN 27 2006. Authors
with work now on display at:  http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html include:

           Jim Davis - Lake Dawn

Interesting tree. Makes it really hard to see whether there's actually a lake. Hmm.

           D.L. Shipman -

A GBH? Looks very oversharpened. Hard to get all those components right, the greenery is too much in the DOF. Risk a shallower DOF the next time.

           Howard Leigh -

Well, I think it would have been nice to go all the way with the sunstar, shut the lens down as far as it goes, and face tripod land. Then despeckle when you process in PS to smooth out the grain even more. And dodge the memorial matter at the foot so a little more of it can be identified in the shadow.

           Steve Hodges - Country farm

Hmm. Would have liked a face, a bunch of burning over by the horse and cart and the foreground sharp. Better to have the background unsharp than the foreground every time. And pop some flash on that guy so he's not so dark. And wait for him to get his head out of the trees, too.

           Pini Vollach - Jaffa

Don't care for tripod at all. One has to look too hard at the orange matter to see what it is. Since it was put there, i.e. set up, it might have been nice to arrange the pieces so they looked more like themselves. And to wait for the tripod to leave. I do like the orange against the monochrome, however.

           Trevor Cunningham - trepidation

I'm so sorry. Can't we leave creatures like that alone? Maybe we should put our small pesky children in banboo cages too....

           Jim Snarski - Jack O'Lantern

Wow. Weird. Yes, it does look like some nudibranches I've seen in my day. Those things are so repulsively interesting! I'd like to see you do a study of 8 images of that. The point blank "here's a fungus" perspective leaves a lot to be desired.

           Emily L. Ferguson - winter experiment season

Must pot up that other amaryllis tomorrow.

           Greg Fraser - Greenhouse in Snow

Whose house?

From: Portia and the PF Exhibits staff

Our eternal thanks.