Re: Another one bites the dust

Marilyn wrote:

I'm trying to get students away from I've-got-a-new-expensive-digital-camera-therefore-I-am-a-photographer way of thinking to an I-put-thought-into-my-photographs way of thinking.

One can always hope.

Marilyn

After a camera club meeting we went for coffee the other night. One of the guys, a "semi pro" was saying that he loves his digicam. He said that the prior weekend he had a model on location and shot over 350 photos.

I asked two questions: #1 how many would you have taken with film? and #2 how much time did yiu spend composing and thinking about each shot ? A retired full- time pro heard my questions and smiled.

The semi pro's answers were sort of funny, something about way less film photos and he may have wasted more time planning each shot than he did with digital. The retired pro smiled again when I talked about the shotgun effect, fire a shotgun and you're bound to hit something.......

My point is that I learned what I know from film photographers that took the time to explain composition and planning. There weren't too many shotgunners then.....

Bob