RE: Another one bites the dust

Marilyn,

As an old guy who's got a new film Voigtlander rangefinder and a Sony
pocket digital I'm still learning about photography.
When I'm out "seriously" making pictures I carry both and have thus far
tended to make about the same number of frames with each. I always told
students to make lots of exposures.  I have no idea how I would teach
today's multi-tasking digital generation of students. My impression is
they all have attention deficit, hyper activity disorder and are loving
it.

I think that film is or soon will be just a curiosity to most young
people. They will have to constantly re-invent ways of making images.
Educational modes will be out of date before they can be implemented.
Visual literacy is still more important to learn than technical skills
are anyway. It's a lot like the early days of classical photography
only in hyper-speed.

AZ

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book, 4Th ed.