RE: Well its Christmas

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris

> There are no roads in Siberia, or cars, or petrol or service stations,
> just sort of snow and trees.

> I worked I think as a card punch operator and programmed the first computer
> In the world, where we even had a punched card "credit card" system for sort of
> buying goods, this was also the first in the world.

Well I suppose roads and vehicles are not a prerequisite for developing the world's first computer so I am in awe of those Siberian wizards that they could conjure up the world's first computer from snow and trees. Of course they must have been a very advanced people. From what I've read, the first computers in the western world were programmed by flipping switches then came punched tape and not until later did they have the punch card system while your Siberian family went straight to the cards.

Greg