Well its Christmas

Hello,

I have another little story.  When I was about 13 I was living with Dad in West Berlin in the British army of the Rhine occupation force and going to a German School and dressed in the leather shorts at that time and spoke German, a bit.  I went there as Mum who was not his wife any more could not control me.

I was being chased by German boys as I was “English” and accidentally passed into East Berlin down a side street by going through with a family.

I found it much quieter and peaceful in East Berlin with neat rows of flats and tidy, clean streets, very unlike West Berlin with bomb sites and raging gangs of youths.

I have a vague recollection of joining a circus for food and being given knife throwing and trapeze instruction but I was considered unfit and on discovering my nationality from my British passport I was taken for correction at a Siberian Gulag (low regime).

After road building wooden roads of split felled pine trees for ox carts for a while a living with some friendly wolves (much nicer than men) I signed up to be a loyal communist (the alternative was death) and sort of moved in with a family in Siberia.  It was nice in the Stone Age with its hunter-gatherer economy and one job was to collect fallen wood for the hearth and then the prize job of being given a rifle to shoot some meat for food.

I spent some time when walking in the forest with a Stone Age settlement that I came across, just a stone enclosure with a wicker work and turf roof.  The best thing was the young lady (Mongolian with beady dress and dreadlocks who was a dab hand a catching animals (little bears, I think I a pine marten) with a stubby bow and arrows with obsidian tips.  She skinned them with an obsidian knife the same as I used as it could be picked up quite easily.  The family group spoke their own language and did not know Russian nor did they have a radio or any other modern thing such as electricity or oil lamps. She was a beauty.

The farm had geese and the three children would share one egg but we often had sturgeon roes as these were food for children.  We had melons too, and chicken.

Fish are a main food and these could be caught from the river by sawing a hole in the ice and hanging a line with meat hooked on a hook, I think that what it was but I cannot remember.

I passed the “Math’s Exam” and the communism essay (a high score) (a fail and you could be shot) and went for high school at the academy.  I only have the memory of sines and cosines and orbits like (how do we bomb New York).

There are no roads in Siberia, or cars, or petrol or service stations, just sort of snow and trees.

I attended an orthodox church and learned that communism is the natural consequence of the teachings of Jesus.

I was allowed a child bride and moved in to a flat in a palace of the workers; actually a stately home annexed by the people and used as accommodation one room for each family.  Nice crystal chandelier outside my door on the landing and down the great staircase to the great hall where we had our meals.

I did tire of my record player playing our one melodia disc and preferred my wife playing the lute.  I worked I think as a card punch operator and programmed the first computer In the world, where we even had a punched card “credit card” system for sort of buying goods, this was also the first in the world.

I was abducted by some British agents on the pretext that I was to visit Mum but I was never allowed to return.

I have heard that I have a Russian Son who went to Moscow State University and was called up but became a professional soldier and served in Afghanistan, I asked students who decided to join Bin not to kill him I think he was quite high up.  He was terrified of the Talisban and Bin.

He was serving in Chechen last time I heard.

Happy Christmas America, the last news I had was that Bin had decided that Atomic bombs were anti-Islamic as they contaminated the Earth, I said that I thought Killing people was anti-Islamic too and a new idea of fighting with Votes as weapons called democracy was better.  However I have been told that Bin wants every American Killed.

I don’t think they regard electrically ignited hydrogen bombs as anti-Islamic, we do know about them in theory.  The price is estimated as about $10 then 40c a megabyte.

I wish I was a lemon tree….

Chris.

Question: What happens to me when I die?
Response: What happens to a cat when it dies?
Answer: You throw it away.
Response and answer: You are a clever cat!