Long term camera storage.

Dear list members:

Since I have now moved entirely to digital I am left with film equipment
that is still in excellent condition and very dear to me. I don't anticipate
using film again any time soon. So this raises the question: What is the
best way to store this film equipment for an extended period of time,
avoiding premature deterioration due to moisture and other environmental
conditions ?

I thought of packing the camera and some lenses in one of those
vacuum-sealed bags (the type they show on TV where they place veggies inside
and then suck the air out to maintain them fresh). I also thought of placing
those silica gel pouches similar to the ones they use inside leather goods
to prevent moisture build-up.

What suggestions would you offer for such a task ? Where can I find these
silica gel pouches and is this really the best way to keep moisture and
fungal growth away from the equipment ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Joseph