Re: metadata

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 00:04:38 -0500, "Emily L. Ferguson" <elf@xxxxxxxx>
wrote/replied to:

>So what's the other information that it's so urgent to view?  Aside
>from how many times the shutter has been fired, of course.

I got my curiousity up and I know I've seen lots of data from RAW 10d
images in Capture One. I was suprised to see a unique image serial
number like this: 179-7918. Now those first three digits are what is
interesting, the last four are the normal image number. Could it be
that when I roll over 9999, the first three numbers will increase by
one to 180? If so, then at least the meta data will hold a unique
image number.

With Captue One LE, I can type in a session name which begins the
processed filenames from that session.  Using the name delimiter I can
apply the date to each file. And each will be sequentially numbered. I
do not see any place to actually use the unique filename, but perhaps
in the Pro version that can be done. I only have the LE version.
Unfortunately, the previews come out with the same filename but
missing the date in the middle.

So it is certainly possible to use Capture One LE to create unique
filenames. But there seems no place to take advantage of the unique
image name that seems to be in the meta data unused. Perhaps this is
what these other programs are using.

--
Jim Davis, Owner, Eastern Beaver Company:
  http://easternbeaver.com/