Re: metadata

Adobe Photoshop CS2 does it all and you can add endless keywords, rankings etc. You can use the new Adobe bridge to manage your entire image library. Searching, editing, renaimng, catagorizing... whatever

Herschel

Laurenz Bobke <laurenzb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"metadata"? If you are talking about the EXIF-information, just about
any image editing software should be able to read it.
Paintshop Pro shows it under "image information", there also are
numerous dedicated Exif viewers, for example at
http://www.amarra.de/exif.htm .

Laurenz

2005/11/1, Joseph Chamberlain, DDS :
> Dear colleagues:
>
> A couple of questions I was hoping you would be able to help me with.
>
> 1. I remember a discussion at one of the newsgroups about the possibility to
> connect a portable GPS unit to a Nikon D2X so that the GPS information would
> be embedded in every image. Is there such an option for making the same work
> on a Canon EOS 1Ds Mark II ? Is there a way to connect a portable GPS unit
> to the camera and capture GPS data ?
>
> 2. I've tried to view the metadata of image files created by my camera but
> have had no success. I had originally tried to use a regular text editor but
> was seeing anything intelligible. After speaking with someone who has more
> experience I was told that I should try a hex editor instead since the image
> is all stored in hexadecimal format. Do any of you know of a good
> hexadecimal editor or reader for Mac OS X that would be able to read the hex
> information contained in raw files and allow me access to it ? In case you
> know of other software outside of hex editors that will do the same I would
> appreciate the suggestion.
>
> Any information and suggestions on software as well as hardware will be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Joseph