Re: Canon's support and information.

I'm not a paypal seller, I'm a buyer. I fell for their pitch to register my account and gave them my bank account information. I didn't have to, it's true, but I didn't read the fine print -- which is on a different page -- my mistake. It is also true that after that you can still choose to pay through a credit card. But, you have to jump through hoops to do so. And they do make immediate withdrawals from ones bank account. I know that since it has happened to me more than once. I am not giving misinformation and I object to the assertion that I am! Nor was I suggesting that paypal was responsible for bogus emails. On the contrary, I suggested that one should not respond to emails purportedly from paypal. Please read your emails throughly before responding with nonsense.

Having said all that, I think paypal is a marvelous way to pay for purchases on the internet. It's up to me to decide whether I want to pay through my credit card or my bank account. And, some sellers will only accept payments from "verified" accounts, I think. But, I'm sure that Mr. Davis will correct me if I'm wrong. He seems to be always ready to do so.

Sorry if I come across as too indignant  or outraged for the list.

R.

Roger Eichhorn
eichhorn@xxxxxx