Re: conspiacy talk talk talk

Emily L. Ferguson wrote:
At 8:56 AM -0500 10/23/05, Don Roberts wrote:

But if we can't let go of this dismay so many of us seem to be feeling, perhaps we should be trying to have a real discourse with those with other opinions?

Absolutely! You should engage others in talking and acting. Get to know your foe's viewpoints and why they hold those ideas. But, not here! There are many other forums available as well as our everyday existence. If we are all so upset that it is dominating our lives then get active. Talk to folks in your neighborhood, your community, your state. Write letters, make donations and vote. I want change here very badly but I also want a respite from the cares and worries. PhotoForum used to be one. We could talk photography and sometimes personalities but it was a world away from politics, religion and conflicting interests. Let's try to get back to that. If you want social dialogues with the people here, who have some good minds and ideas, then set up a Yahoo news group for that and invite us in.
Don

--
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. -Bertrand Russell, philosopher, mathematician, author, Nobel laureate (1872-1970)