Re: here's one for the consipacy theorists!

>>>Bob please tell me who voted for the Patriot Act?>>>

Lots of people. The US Congress, for example. FYI: Assistant Attorney General Dinh and Homeland Security Secretary Chertoff were the primary authors of the act. Have you read all 350 plus pages?

It started with the FISA in 1978. Wanna copy?

The question is not who voted for it, but how has it hurt you and/or those you know? Perhaps more to the point, how do you expect to be hurt by the act? The public is frightened but largely ignorant. Some people do not understand the act and therefore, they believe that it is bad in every case. Certainly, only a few here (if any besides me) have actually read the entire act. Wanna copy?

Many of the "abuses" are alleged. Certainly it is not perfect, but these days, no new act or change to the existing (Patriot) act will please everyone. There is no doubt that it will be abused; all acts, bills, laws and proclamations have been or will be abused. Nothing new, this always happens. Since the beginnings of our country, actually.

Bob

..