Re: file share vs tape as gift

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Maxey" file share vs tape as gift

: >>>Newsgroups are a separate entity on the internet. Try Googling
: newsgroups.>>>

: It is interesting to note how many daily users of the net do not know
that newsgroups exist. They are a facinating place to visit.

and a marvelour resource for things that never make it to the net.  Someone
who's mother suffered a rare and chronic disease was given my name by
someone else who knew I was pretty good at finding things.  HSe'd searched
the web, her doctors had searched the web - all to no avail.

A quick hunt through the newsgroups and we had a doctors name and a week
later, he'd been contacted and posted the info needed to the patients
doctor!

Amazing as you say that few know of it, even though it predates the web

:)