Re: neat gimmick I found on the web

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Dyer-Bennet"

Me:
: > ANY email harvesting program will find this in a jiffy!
:
: So what?  I need spam protection in place anyway, it doesn't matter.

if you don't mind your details being known to a large percentage of the
worlds undesirables, I guess it doesn't matter

: (Not that they get any web bugs from me; one of the advantages of
: reading email via SSH connection to my Linux box).

true, no images loading from html, no web bugs - but thats the benefit of
not allowing email to use html as well  :)

me
: > here's another way to pop your 'contact me' details on a web page
that's a
: > little harder for spambots and harvesters to gather..
: > lets say your email is : NNNNN@xxxxxxxx
: > this bit below is what you bung into your webpage and magically it
makes a
: > real email address out of gibberish!
: >
: >
: > <SCRIPT><!--
: > function escramble()
:
: All these javascript solutions block lots of people from being able to
: get the address, not acceptable to me.

have a look at this page if you will:

http://tinyurl.com/bp8b7

and let me know if you can't get the email address.  it's visible yes?
it's the same code I posted before

<SCRIPT><!--
function escramble()
{
 var a,b,c,d,e
 a='<a href=\"mai'
 b='elf'
 c='\">'
 a+='lto:'
 b+='@'
 e='</a>'
 b+='cape'
 b+='.'
 b+='com'
 d=b
 document.write(a+b+c+d+e)
}
escramble()//--></SCRIPT>

but again, less readable by spambot harvesters.

When you send a message by *clicking* it it records to your email prog as a
sent address, but it's not as grabbable from the html as an email address
is.

karl