Re: Anyone in Albuquerque?

Ah! I've been reminded that a Faul guy spent some time around there a number of years ago. I don't expect to have the time to get to all those places, but maybe I can twist someone's arm.

Steve

Roger Eichhorn wrote:

Steve,

It's not my usual territory, but I spent a summer there in the 60's and was there this week end. It rained like the dickens! Old town is worth a visit. Santa Fe and Taos are an easy drive as are a lot of Indian ruins. The Rio Grande passes through Albuquerque, most of it underground. You might find Alamogordo (of nuclear fame) of interest, Las Cruces and the towns West of it also interesting. I'm sure that the New Mexico and Albuquerque web sites will have a lot of interesting things too. I25 and I40 cross in Albuquerque. They'll take you anywhere, if you have a car. (We drive on the right hand side!) The interstate highways are decorated with Southwestern Indian themes. They're unique and many overpasses and bridges are eminently photographical if you can find the right position. The campus of the University of New Mexico is beautiful. You're also an easy drive to El Paso, TX and Juárez, Mexico. Note that there have been drug overlord wars in Jáurez, so be careful. In Mexico, they say, you're guilty until proven innocent!