Re: neat gimmick I found on the web

James B. Davis wrote:

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 00:12:54 -0400, "Emily L. Ferguson" <elf@xxxxxxxx>
wrote/replied to:

Check out my index page! I just spent 5 hours this afternoon/evening jiggering a really simple javascript to get a little slide show running there.

http://www.vsu.cape.com/~elf/

Nice, but a bit slow loading. Good thing you kept the images small. I
was experimenting with something just like this, but I canned it after
finding out how long it took to load. I wonder how many people will
stick around on your front page to actually see any images changing.

Seemed to load quickly enough to me with 1MB broadband which isn't particularly "state of the art" for speed.

Howard