Re: ExpoDisc: Overpriced gadget for suckers?

Emily L. Ferguson wrote:

And correcting Kelvin is very simple with ACR.

Correcting for colo(u)r temperature, fixing white balance, removing colo(u)r casts, but *please*, not "correcting Kelvin" :-)

I've only found 3 references to this on the web, this being representative: *<http://tinyurl.com/cmeew>

My only other comment is that there is a danger in including a white object in an image for use to determine colour balance. If the white object doesn't take up a significant amount of the image area, there is a danger that it will be rendered so white that you lose valuable information. I tend to use something "available", often a sheet of paper to set the white point manually where lighting is fairly constant. It strikes me that a thoroughly sandblasted UV filter might also work, But I've not tried that.

Steve
*