Sent: Sunday, October 02, 2005 3:18 AM
Subject: Re: PF Exhibits on 01 OCT 05

A nice bunch this week; let´s try a review:

               Herschel Mair - Tuna Catch
Dramatic perspective indeed.  As an old square shooter, I think I´d
have taken a step to the left, positioning the boat above the nearest
fish´s tail fin; it would increase the tension even more, but demands
a frame with less extreme aspect ratio.  I feel it´s a pity that DSLR
designers stick to Oscar Barnack´s 1914 decision to use  2:3 instead
of taking the opportunity to use a more harmonic 4:5.  But that´s an
aside thought...

Per

Per Öfverbeck
http://foto.ofverbeck.se

"In a world without walls or fences, who needs Windows or Gates"