RE: Banding on Epson 1280

Russ,

I've heard people say it doesn't matter - I leave my 1200 on for days.
What you DON'T want to do is turn the power off at the line cord.
Epson printers need to go into a safe mode where the heads rest on a
sealed chamber.  BTW I haven't read all the replies to your question
but my experience has been that most problems are caused by air bubbles
that go away with time. Fussing with the printer may only make things
worse.

Try this: roll some some cotton rag into a pencil-size tube about three
inches long.  Soak it in Windex and lay it in the printer head raceway.
 Drag the head over it and park it for 12-24 hours ( there is a white
plastic catch under the head to release it -  move it forward with a
pen) .  Put in fresh OEM inks.

AZ

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book, 4th ed.