RE: Banding on Epson 1280

Russ,

One fairly reliable fix that works most of the time is to use OEM carts
and run some prints.  Also the printer may need to rest a day or two
after purging with the OEM carts.

For years I have used several Epson printers and after-market inks. It
has cost me way more than using OEM inks.  Of course, I could never get
good B/W prints and had to go the  Piezotone and MIS route.   Some days
everything comes up roses - then for no damn reason nothing works.

My fairly un-used 1280 has had a nervous breakdown and refuses to
recognize any carts. I have a friend with the same scrambled brained
1280 problem.  Epson has no service except for some clueless guys with
FAQ flip charts. I have pleaded and whined to various printer list
"experts" and had no usefull advise. So why am I going to buy an Epson
2400 someday?  I'll never use anything but Epson inks in it. Same with
my HP printers.

AZ

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book, 4th ed.