Re: Looking for Medium Format Camera

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 20:18:06 -0700 (PDT), Charles Dias
<deepblue972000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote/replied to:

> I'm looking for a good medium format camera (120
>film) with lens and other accessories, ready to shot,
>for a personal photo project.
> My budget is very, very small so I have just US$150
>to spend on it. Anybody have some good old but working
>medium format camera to sell me for this price ???

You might find a Mamiya Twin Lens Reflex C220 for about that price.
Depends on the lens, that would be with normal lens. They take good
pictures, but there is a learning curve to seeing in a viewfinder
backwards and slightly above the taking lens...

Other maybes would include some of the Minolta TLRs, but without
interchangeable lenses.

I have seen some good old Mamiya Rangefinders, old press cameras
pretty cheap too. I forget the models but they are pretty easy to find
and you get a big rectangular neg on the 120 film.

--
Jim Davis, Owner, Eastern Beaver Company:
  http://easternbeaver.com/